Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Great Wall DJS 50mm 1.8 made in Beijing for 16mm film.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Great Wall DJS 50mm 1.8 made in Beijing for 16mm film. Reply with quote

Great Wall cine lens made by Beijing No. 608 Factory(北京608厂) + Sony NEX5
DJS 1:1.8 f=50mm for 16mm film.
790907 means that it was the 907th lens made in 1979.
4G6E double gauss. Flange distance about 20mm. It covers a φ30mm round.
In some catalogues, the lens was called 16DJS50. 16 means 16mm film, D seems to be 电视Dianshi/电影Dianying(TV/Movie), J means 镜头Jingtou(Lens), S seems to be 摄影Sheying(take photos/recorded on film).

The factory is also named Beijing No.2 Glasses Factory under Beijing Glass Group. Beijing Glass Factory got aid from GDR in 1950s and Beijing No.2 Glasses Factory bought polishers from CZJ which made it became a factory for cine lenses. In about 1971, a series of cine lenses were designed and most of them could not reach Cooke's quality even though Schott glass was used. 1 year later, designers modified the design to use cheap domestic glass to reach similar(less worse) quality.

One of the designers is named Yuan, Xucang(袁旭沧), he referred to a Lockheed U-2's lens. His team in Beijing Industry College in charge of middle and long focal distance lenses includeing the 16DJS50.
Li, Jiaying, later he became 608's director, was a member of Dongfeng SLR's lens design group in Chinese Academy of Science. No.608 Factory designed the 20mm one.

Three other optical instrument factories in Beijing also used Great Brand.

For SLR
Great Wall 50mm 1.4 was made by North China Optical Instrument Factory.
Great Wall 58mm 2 and 58mm 3.5 may be made by North China Optical Instrument Factory or OEM.
Great Wall 90mm 3.5 was made by Beijing Camera Factory and SR adapter was made by Beijing No. 3 Optical Instrument Factory.
Great Wall DFSJ-135 135mm 3.5 was made by Beijing No. 608 Factory.
Great Wall DFSJ-135 200mm 4 was made by Beijing No. 608 Factory.
Great Wall Mirror Reflex lenses were made by Beijing No. 608 Factory and Beijing Camera Factory, and they were designed by Beijing Industry College

Last edited by Tefolium on Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Thank you so much for information about the Chinese lenses relatively unknown outside East Asia!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your pictures and thanks for sharing about the Chinese lens. I am interested in buying a lens and for that, I am searching for information online through which I can get some help or ideas. I have found this website very useful for me. I need a lens because I am going on vacation with my friends in Hawaii. I have completed all of my work with the help of the college papers writing service which I have found https://studyclerk.com/college-paper-writing-service here. Otherwise, my parents isn't allowing me to go on vacation.