Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Good/cheap macro lens PK mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlarger lens, bellows, good to go:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I'm sure the Teleplus MC7 Macro adapter that I have in Canon FD mount is the same as the Vivitar, and it is very good. I've also seen it with the DOI name on it - identical to the Teleplus.

Most probably. Vivitar is also only a brand name. I don't know the manufacturer. Maybe Kiron?
However, it's a very useful accessory lens of high quality. I have it in both MD and PK mounts branded as Vivitar.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I dug through my Nikon adapters just now and found my BR2 52mm reversing ring. So I mounted it to my Nikon-NEX adapter and then mounted all that to the front of my 35mm f/2.8 Nikkor. I know from past experience that reversing a 35mm will provide approximately a 2:1 magnification. One thing I didn't mention before is that, one of the features of reversing a wide angle lens is that it tends to be very flat field in nature, same as a macro lens. Also, as one might expect, depth of field is very shallow.

So I wandered around the house for a bit, looking for stuff that I could shoot handheld that might be remotely interesting to look at. Dunno if I succeeded at that or not. I certainly didn't find any exotic looking insects to take pictures of. But mostly what I wanted to show is what sort of resolution you can expect if you're using a reasonably good lens, which a 35/2.8 Nikkor certainly is. Distance from the front (or should I say the rear) of the lens to the subject was about 4" -- 100mm. Not such a bad working distance for this level of magnification.

So here's some shots taken with my NEX 7 @ ISO 100. I set the aperture on the lens to f/8 and then just moved in and out to determine best focus.

This is the corner of my Leatherman Juice multitool.

The fine weave of a silk shirt.

A print ad. Note how shallow the depth of field is in this photo and the above two.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sliver-Surfer wrote:
I think the best value for dedicated macro for pentax would be Tamron Adaptall 2.5/90mm or Sigma 2.8/50mm. Tough to find any pentax macro cheap and since FF is coming out in a few months you should buy now.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very nice work guys. The reversing ring is quick and cheap. Downside is the really shallow depth of field. I like to use bellow or extension tubes with longer FL lens. A 135mm asahi super multi coated takumar and PK m42 adapter and m42 extension tubes can all be had for less than 50 dollars. Although not less than 50 I used a bellows MC Rokkor 100mm 3.5 for this photo:

(LOVING MY NEW A7II!)