Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GOI MC Telegoir K 2.8/200mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

Cropped?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Wow!

Cropped?

Nope, has MFD of just 1.5m so that was not needed...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful results from a very unique lens! The character and performance is strikingly similar to the Sonnar. I would think that all else being fairly equal, the extra lens elements and air/glass surfaces would have led to some visible loss in contrast, but I don't see it! Have you checked to see if the actual light transmittance is within spec (ie. f/2.8 is actually f/2.Cool or at least comparable to the Sonnar?

I would think that a Russian lens in K-mount must be pretty rare. I thought the majority were M42 and Nikon F. Maybe there were some Zenits made with K-mounts.

P.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Wonderful results from a very unique lens! The character and performance is strikingly similar to the Sonnar. I would think that all else being fairly equal, the extra lens elements and air/glass surfaces would have led to some visible loss in contrast, but I don't see it! Have you checked to see if the actual light transmittance is within spec (ie. f/2.8 is actually f/2.Cool or at least comparable to the Sonnar?

I would think that a Russian lens in K-mount must be pretty rare. I thought the majority were M42 and Nikon F. Maybe there were some Zenits made with K-mounts.

P.

Yes indeed, that was my experience, too when I compared it with the CZJ Sonnar electric 2.8/200mm, images were quasi identical. Here is my album about it: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157675284851627 And no I haven't done some comparison on light transmittance, was not really relevant to me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few spring shots...all f2.8

Japanese Cherry + Sweet Almond flowers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, that's an interesting lens.