Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Girls on film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Girls on film Reply with quote

Mamiya RB67, Sekor C 180 4.5, Kodak Ektar

Fuji GX680, Fujinon GXD 180 3.2, Kodak Ektar

Hmm. For some reason I can't see the images after hitting submit. Everything is A-OK in the preview. What am I doing wrong, can someone tell me?

Last edited by marcin wuu on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Girls on film Reply with quote

marcin wuu wrote:
Mamiya RB67, Sekor C 180 4.5, Kodak Ektar

Fuji GX680, Fujinon GXD 180 3.2, Kodak Ektar

Hmm. For some reason I can't see the images after hitting submit. Everything is A-OK in the preview. What am I doing wrong, can someone tell me?

Welcome aboard!

Your first post can't contain images or links (antispam measure).

Great head shots btw.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Girls on film Reply with quote

Wow, amazing work! Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Girls on film Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Wow, amazing work! Surprised

+
Unbelievable!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Girls on film Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:

Welcome aboard!

Your first post can't contain images or links (antispam measure).

Great head shots btw.

Oh. Ok, then.
And thanks Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots!

now I can't get Duran Duran out of my head ..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Great shots!

Thanks Smile

I remember waiting for this song to play uncesored, back when Mtv still played music...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked wow!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Marcin,

indeed impressive work, great portraits!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcin wuu wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
Great shots!

Thanks Smile

I remember waiting for this song to play uncesored, back when Mtv still played music...

Ice cubes and boxing...OMG! They showed it late at night (in Europe)

Stunning shots. Great work!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful photographs. Seeing such amazing portraits I keep thinking why do I even bother Wink. But seriously, you have presented fantastic captures of beautiful models with perfect film colours.

By the way where are you from Marcin, since your name suggests PL?

Cheers
Mateusz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you seem to be liking my gals, here's a couple more for your enjoyment Wink

Both shot on Kodak Ektar with Fuji GX680 and Fujinon 180 3.2. Hands down the best portrait combo out there, and believe me, I've tried many many others.

Also, yeah I'm from Poland - a mixed blessing at best I'd say...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Marcin, beautiful film quality !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Great shots!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcin wuu wrote:
Since you seem to be liking my gals, here's a couple more for your enjoyment Wink

Both shot on Kodak Ektar with Fuji GX680 and Fujinon 180 3.2. Hands down the best portrait combo out there, and believe me, I've tried many many others.

Also, yeah I'm from Poland - a mixed blessing at best I'd say...

Ridiculously good photos. Can you tell me more about your process?
I jumped back into film with a vengeance recently (See thread below) and I am loving it to bits, but have to relearn how light works again. hahah.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really amazing work.
But I think the Ektar is not optimal for skintones.
In this case Portra or Fuji NPH is better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, happy you like them, because, well, as it happens, I like them too :D

rudolfkremers wrote:
I jumped back into film with a vengeance recently (See thread below) and I am loving it to bits, but have to relearn how light works again. hahah.

You mean process of shooting or proces of processing?
I take it it's the former. ;)
My process is pretty simple. I set up lights, fire a couple digital frames to get the feel of the lighting, then a couple of polaroids on the real camera. If I'm happy (which I'm usually not, not right off the bat anyway) I'll take several frames of film. Rinse and repeat :)

riddance77 wrote:
Really amazing work.
But I think the Ektar is not optimal for skintones.
In this case Portra or Fuji NPH is better.

There are several reasons that make Ektar perfect for my purposes.
First, it's the only c41 film in production that's rated ISO 100. I work in a studio, usually with lots of lights, and I have hard time to get the aperture to open wide. And I always shoot wide open, to get as much of the shallow dof as I can. Personal preference.
Second, it's very oversaturated, especially in reds. That makes it easy to make the skin stand out (talking caucasian skin of course, but in my geographic location it's a rare case I get to shoot anyone of other skin colour variants). And also, when converting to black and white (as I almost always do with my photos) it makes it that much easier to control skintones.
And third, it has an interesting quirk, that gives me some extra fun. When underexposed it tends to turn into greens. When overexposed it goes magenta. It makes for some interesting colour combinations.

Also, define "better". For me "better" means more interesting, or easier to work with ot whichever of the reasons I gave above. Portra and Fuji Pro 160NS (the last of the "N" series, all other were cancelled some time ago, along with Superia Reala, which was also good for my game, altough nowhere near as good as Ektar is) make great natural colours, almost as good as positive film - Portra especially reminds me of Kodachrome, really cool. But I am not really interested in natural. If my clients wanted natural, I'd tell them to look into mirror :) Luckily, no one likes their natural. They prefer the extraordinary. And that is what I provide. In spades, usually :)

Ok, hope I didn't bore y'all to death. Have a couple more of my girlies, for your enjoyment ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcin wuu wrote:
Thanks again, happy you like them, because, well, as it happens, I like them too Very Happy

rudolfkremers wrote:

You mean process of shooting or proces of processing?
I take it it's the former. Wink
My process is pretty simple. I set up lights, fire a couple digital frames to get the feel of the lighting, then a couple of polaroids on the real camera. If I'm happy (which I'm usually not, not right off the bat anyway) I'll take several frames of film. Rinse and repeat Smile

I really like it! Thanks for sharing. I am used to shooting natural/available light only, but direct sunlight can make things pretty flat. I like the vibe I get from your photos. Almost otherworldly... so I was curious how you achieve that.