Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GF1 + G Planar 35/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: GF1 + G Planar 35/2 Reply with quote

I have finally received G->m4/3 adapter today, so just tested it with my
beloved G-Planar 35/2. This lens has large rear element which may affect
its performance on GF1's micro 4/3 censor at the corners.

Here is adapter and lens together (the right hand lens G-Biogon 28/2.8
that does not fit in the camera), and adapter and G35/2.

A doll @f2 & MFD (~45 cm)

A doll @f5.6 & MFD

African Violet @F5.6 & MFD

M@f2 ~1m

MWf4 ~1m

The corner is well resolved, so I am happy about this combination. This lens does not have a good reputation at its wide open, but I think it is more than alright.
I have not went out to shoot this combination yet, will show some more in near future. I used a mono-pod for shooting the above pics, its biggest enemy is the hand shake so far.
it was a bit a slow process since I also used its live view and focus assist by enlarging the view-spot, but relatively enjoyable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued, no mono-pod used. Very Happy

All @f4
X-mas decoration around threes, they may well be suffocated

Art gallery window

Old house and news stand

Our family car (to be)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice snaps. Still waffling about the quality of this camera. Looks like it would be a fun carry-a-round...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koji,

You are my idol!! I've got the same dilemma with Contax G lenses. It's a shame the wider lenses don't work with the adapter, but I'll start there with the 35mm/40mm/90mm. At least I will get some use out of it with my GF-1.

I have also heard that the Super Wide Angle lenses do not work well with full frame digital RF (e.g. Leica M9) The nodal point is too far back and the colors separate at the edges. I guess with the GF-1 the edges are not to big a problem with the 2.0 cropping factor.

Best Regards,

Wilson