Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gear Pile
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject: Gear Pile Reply with quote

A bit reduced from the last time I did this.

Still not all of it. None of the film folder cameras are here... I only allowed myself an hour to set this frame up. Also missing are the various and sundry 3rd party lenses and flashes in the deep closet, and scattered around here in various buried locations in boxes of clothing etc.

So, just how does one get a photo of all their gear anyways?

It actually worked fairly well. That little point and shoot auto everything camera can be tamed a bit for use as illustrated. I also finally found out how to increase the image quality on this camera, after owning it for I don't know how long. It's been a while anyways.
The SB-22 will fire reliably from the optical slave provided the camera is far back enough from the subject.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lovely bit of kit! I gave up trying to find enough space at home to fit everything in for a photo....

The attached piccie shows about 60% of my Contax and Yashica gear but that ignores most of the viewfinder and rangefinder models including a variety of half-frames, medium format kit (except for the Contax 645s in the image), Zeiss Ikon's folders and other items, digital medium format and compacts, plus a few hundred lenses, drives, flashes, etc. etc. Can you tell that I'm happily divorced? 'She who must be obeyed' would never have allowed me to acquire this lot plus the film and batteries to use it...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *think* the last time I did this there were something like 9 SLR bodies not counting digital, and over 50 lenses- which was all a bit much for this tiny apartment we call home.

It all got thinned down through four trips to KEH camera- at a considerable loss. Probably around 40% of the paid value was lost, which was a lot better than expected.

I think I have it down to where I can mange most of it in my head, and almost know where everything is Wink Wink

Still love gear and looking at it though. Your pile is most certainly impressive!

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggles3 wrote:
That's a lovely bit of kit! I gave up trying to find enough space at home to fit everything in for a photo....

You could buy a house at our neighbourhood for the price of these.

But then you didnt have cameras to put there any more.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
biggles3 wrote:

You could buy a house at our neighbourhood for the price of these.

But then you didnt have cameras to put there any more.

I'd happily exchange most of it for a small apartment in Savonlinna...or a summer house by Lake Puruvesi. I have fond memories of Finland - but from 50 years ago. I fear it may have changed a bit since then... And Savo is probably more expensive to live in than I remember!