Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GAS gastronomy, or too many lenses !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: GAS gastronomy, or too many lenses ! Reply with quote

I have lately aquired, through some impulse purchases of lots, rather too many lenses. So many that I can't really test them all, as coincidentally I've had fewer opportunities to go out and shoot proper pictures.

Some of my more interesting recent aquisitions -

The prize ! - Auto-Sears 55/2.8 Macro with matched extension ring for 1:1

This is quite a scarce lens. It seems to be a slightly later version of the Mamiya 60/2.8 Macro, perhaps made by Tomioka ? This is also a slightly later version of this Auto-Sears (maybe ca. 1977), as it has a rubber grip, not metal, and different detailing than the original Auto-Sears series. I also have several other lenses of the later Auto-Sears in this batch (I think versions of the Mamiya SX-series), a 28, a 135, a 90-230 zoom, and a 55/1.8 Auto-Sears-Sekor, none of them very exciting. I still want the original version of the macro. Maybe someday.

Yashica Yashinon-DX 200/4 - the beauty !

What can I say - its black, its shiny, its got nice lines. I have unexciting samples of this and they are sharp indeed.

Accura Diamatic - YS 105/2.5

Nothing special, its just my first 105, and it came in a Nikon YS mount (a common third party generic auto lens mount developed by Yashica). The trick with the YS mount though is that you can unscrew it and use the proper T-mount instead, making it a manual lens. I also have an Accura YS 300/5.5.

Pimped lens - Wollensak 162/4.5 Enlarger lens on bellows with "zebra" accessories.

I guess this is the lens equivalent of an airbrushed, pin-striped low-rider '57 Chevy pickup. We're not going to have any bikini-clad young ladies draped over the hood though.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some excellent stuff, especially the last 'piece' Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting pieces, I especially like to see pictures taken with first one.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice all the pieces, especialy the last. I want to see the picture with this. May be very sharp!!! Good luck with your nice equipment