Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

G1 Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: G1 Fun Reply with quote

Just received a Panasonic G1.
Bought this mainly because at last there was a digital camera on which I could mount my 4 Olympus Pen F lenses.
I was all set to turn up an adapter over the weekend but found that I did not have any suitable stock to work with.
It's a long standing dream of mine to have something like a Pen FT in digital form as I have 20mm 38mm 100mm and 150mm FT lenses which have seen little use lately and I know what these little gems are capable of.
Anyway here's something somebody might like to try.Not very proud of this from an engineering point of view but being at a bit of a loose end this evening I took the G1 body cap,carved ot the center and with a bit of carefull fileing I mounted the 39mm thread f2.8 52mm lens I had sitting on a Fed2.
Haven't got infinity focus right yet but I took a couple of indoor shots at f11 using flash.
I was astounded by what must be the sharpest out of camera jpegs I have ever seen.
Over the last 2 years I've collected around 40 MF lenses in 42mm and PK
to fit my Pentaxes all from car boot sales and most costing less than £5. Now I will not have to pass on Oly,Nikon and 39mm lenses
This little G1 is going to be fun

dino1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here Dino!

Hey you are one of the first lucky owner of G1! Congrats!