Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Functionality of the Nex ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Functionality of the Nex ? Reply with quote

I have some questions :
1.how does the Exposure compensation works? is it very uncomfortable to reach this function ( I understand it must be accessed through menu with a number of clicks ?)

2.Does the Auto ISO function works also with manual focus lenses or it's only with the E mount dedicated lenses?

3.Does the handheld twighlight mode works with the manual lenses also ?

4.but the sweep panorama ?

5.What mode do you prefer to use on nex with manual focus lenses (M , P, A ) ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Functionality of the Nex ? Reply with quote

Quote:
1.how does the Exposure compensation works? is it very uncomfortable to reach this function ( I understand it must be accessed through menu with a number of clicks ?)

Exposure is very accurate I didn't use it yet.

Quote:

2.Does the Auto ISO function works also with manual focus lenses or it's only with the E mount dedicated lenses?

Works with manual lenses well. All of my digital camera did it with MF lenses.

Quote:
Does the handheld twighlight mode works with the manual lenses also ?

Yes.

Quote:
4.but the sweep panorama ?

yes.

Quote:
5.What mode do you prefer to use on nex with manual focus lenses (M , P, A

I did try intelligent auto mode and A and a few times M all works trouble free. I like intelligent mode , works very well , convince.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With manual lenses I always use 'P' - with fixed ISO it works as an aperture priority - you set the aperture manually and the camera calculates the shutter speed.
The ISO is set by just 1 click - (center wheel) and if needed you can compensate. Usually i use -1/3EV as i find the metering not very accurate. Also with the fast lenses there is a difference in metering between wide open and closed down - so the compensate function is very handy.

The Exposure compensation is just one click (down arrow).

Auto ISO works but doesn't change until the shutter speed drops till 1/30 - so not really useful with manual lenses. I prefer to set the ISO manually up one step if i see that the speed is dropping below 1/100.

Hand-held twilight mode and panorama mode are with fixed ISO and shutter speer. Particularly the panorama is not good if it's getting too dark. The twilight mode can save some shots when it's getting dark but don't expect too much - tripod is a much better option.

Both modes are just a gadgets .. not of real use for me.