Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Fujitar Reply with quote

anyone heard of these before
35mm f:2.5 Fujitar HC. preset lens. Lovely lens in excellent, mint, as new consition with original metal lens cap and back cap. Made in Japan. Optically excellent, cosmetically excellent.

135mmf:4.5 Fujitar 135mm lens. As nice a condition optically and cosmetically as the 35mm. Not preset. Have to open up to get brightest view and the stop down to the aperture you want, or try and focus with less light

won them in an auction for $56 should have them next week

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A company called Fujita (with some tie-ins to the German camera industry, as they OEMed their camera for Soligor, and Kilfitt offered lenses for them) built a series of moderately successful medium format SLRs in the fifties and sixties (Fujita/Soligor 66, Kalimar Reflex). It (or is predecessor) is supposed to have been a lens maker prior to that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat !

You have a pair of very scarce Fujitas, and its very nice to have a matched set. I would consider this deal quite a collectors coup. I have these, but not as a compatible set.

Fujita was a small manufacturer much better known (if that) for the Kalimar/Kaligar lenses on the medium-format camera Sevo mentioned.

But they did have a line of SLR lenses, which can be found under the Fujita brand or in some merchants brands. I have the 135 as a "Peerotar" which was a brand of Peers Cameras, a US camera store chain. Others were sold under the Aetna brands like "Gamma Terragon", Bill (member casualcollector) has one. Maybe some other brands will turn up.

Very well made items in the true 1950's-early 60's style, these are all brass and nickel-brass. The 135 seems to be the smallest 135mm SLR lens ever. Quite decent lenses I think.

Since you have the 35 and the 135, you may have them all. I have been hunting for other Fujitas, under other names also, with no luck so far.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks for the info as soon as they get here ill take some more pics of them and take some pics with them and put them up.

Cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lenses were also sold under the name "Juplen".

I have both lenses with the Juplen name and I will post photos of them later.

High quality construction.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to aboard!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more info, these lenses were sold as lenses for the Argus rangefinder cameras i believe.
Anyway mine turned up and they were better than described(nearly mint) and i couldnt be happier with them.
Some pics taken today
fujitar 35mm F2.5 killer bockeh hey

F8

F5.6 infinity focus at the markets this morning slight crop

Fujitar 135mm F4.5 Grandson Charlie

F5.6 Baby Alpaca

F4.5 this is wide open for this lens

As i said im pretty happy with these two, and the 135mm is tiny only 6.5cm long and 4cm across.

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results !

And congratulations on grandson Charlie !