Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

fujinon-tv 50mm f/0.7 - any knowlede or experience with this
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: fujinon-tv 50mm f/0.7 - any knowlede or experience with this Reply with quote

Wondering if it's even usable at wider apertures, what sort of IQ and price one would expect to pay for it?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CF50L 50mm/0.75 has rear lens group that protrudes about 14mm past typical c-mount FFD of 17.526mm. This means that the rear-most element must be placed approximately 3mm from the sensor in order to focus to infinity. On an m4/3 camera, this will press against the shutter mask and shutter. On m4/3 it would only be useable as a macro lens. f0.75 terribly shallow DOF for macro work, however.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shoot with the NEX but 3mm from the sensor is unlikely to give good pics, what with all them dodgy microlenses!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might have some trouble with the back element of this lens. i wouldn't hold any hope of ever mounting this on a DSLR.

Last edited by Opticus on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I didn't. It went for about $750 in ebay as I recall. I have the Schneider 50/0.95 which works fine although with a standard c-mount to nex adapter it is too close to the sensor it seems and the MFD is over 1m. An interesting lens to explore as a recent thread here also showed.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens held infront of my Nex5, wide open @ f0.7
It focuses about 80cm infront of the lens when focused at infinity.

Last edited by Opticus on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Opticus! A f/0.7 image - wow! Though it is not something I can't do with my existing lenses it seems!

So no way to use it past 80cm then...