Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon EBC 35mm F2.8 : how good ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Fujinon EBC 35mm F2.8 : how good ? Reply with quote

Hello !
It seems that the fujinon EBC coated in 35mm focal length is not very well known ,or at least I have not descovered reviews .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Maybe because there are not so many people who owns this lens ...
Anyway, if you are looking for an opinion on Fujinon lenses, i own a 28/3.5, a 55/3.5 Macro and a 135/2.5 (all EBC with M42 mount), and found them really excellent. Thus, i'm expecting a great IQ from a 35/2.8 EBC ...

Cheers

P.S.: If you happen to buy one, don't forget to post some sample pics here ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 35mm f/2.8 has the wonderful Fujinon colours as you would expect, and centre sharpness is very good. Edge sharpness is not as good, but it doesn't really bother me.

Minimum focus distance of 40 cm is poor (although I'm comparing this to the Flektogon which may be unfair because it has much shorter than average MFD). Actually I discovered that it's possible to easily modify the lens to focus about 10 cm closer than intended (just alter the focus range limiter inside the lens), which gets it from “poor” to “typical” (for the focal length), i.e. same as almost all 35mm's except Flektogon.

Some examples:

Larger sizes in my flickr if you want to pixel peep. First one is at wide aperture and with minimal post-processing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feed-back !
Arkku , good looking samples , beautiful colors , and the sharpness is Ok, no stunning but good, in my eyes .It seems to me quite equilibrate in contrast .All in all , good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it for a time. Not impressive, byt good, average lens. Good colors and neutral contrast.

It's a 7/6 schame. Here something else:

http://www.pentax-manuals.com/fujica/lenses/m42_35_28.htm

Good luck with the lens.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracias, Rino !