Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon 2.7mm F1.8 from Axis 212
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Fujinon 2.7mm F1.8 from Axis 212 Reply with quote

Unlike most pan-tilt-zoom security cameras, Axis 212 has no moving parts. It uses an ultra wide angle lens to capture a complete image of its surrounding in one shot. The distorted image is converted with digital image processing algorithms as required. The camera has been discontinued for a while and now, apparently, is getting decommissioned. It starts to appear in the used market at a reasonable price. I got mine for $50 plus shipping.

What make it interesting is that the ultra wide angle lens is a Fujinon 2.7mm F/1.8 fisheye c-mount with fixed focus at 0.2m to infinity. Since the 212 sensor is 1/2", the lens can be used as a circular fisheye for m4/3 cameras. In x2 mode, it is almost full-frame. The field of view is incredible compared to the other fisheyes available for m4/3.

Here are some snap-shots from my first time with the lens taken with E-M1 in 3:2 format. All photos OOC jpg.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ! Smile Super wide ! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing colors too!

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post a photo of the camera lens combo too?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
can you post a photo of the camera lens combo too?

Here you go!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive. What sort of mount did you have to use?

It would be a tighter circle, but I wonder how this would work with a NEX or a6000.