Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujifilm X E1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Fujifilm X E1 Reply with quote

Is it me, or does anyone else find the Focus Peaking on the E1 totally crap? I much prefer the manual focusing aid on the Samsung NX20.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony's peaking is better than Fuji's. I don't know the Samsung peaking.

But you can adjust it in your X-E1 and this also helps.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you upgrade to the latest firmware:
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/fw_table.html

Also from version 2.00 upwards, you have this alternative MF aid:
Improvement of the method to switch magnification during manual focusing.
Press the "Command dial" to activate image magnification during manual focusing and then turning the dial in either right or left direction will enable you to alternate the magnification of 3 times and 10 times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the x-e1's peaking is much more accurate than Sony's. It's harder to see, but that's because only focused areas shimmer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fujifilm X E1 Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Is it me, or does anyone else find the Focus Peaking on the E1 totally crap? I much prefer the manual focusing aid on the Samsung NX20.

With the Fuji cameras always set the peaking to LOW for the most accurate setting.