Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji Work Record 28 - ruggedised camera with 3.5/28 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Fuji Work Record 28 - ruggedised camera with 3.5/28 lens Reply with quote

Hi folks

I obtained a pair of broken Fuji Work Record 28s in order to remove and re-use the lenses as they are an advanced 6e/5g design in a very compact package.

These cameras were apparently only sold in Japan so it's proving very difficult to find any info at all. I would like to find a diagram of the lens layout, does anyone here know where I might find such a thing, it will probably be in a Japanese language resource.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the original product page: http://fujifilm.jp/personal/filmandcamera/filmcamera/35mm/workrecord28/index.html

I couldn't find an owner's manual. The manuals from the period do not show the lens constructions anyway, even for their premium compacts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Teemo, looks like there is no more info available, sadly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always try to contact them but I doubt from that product page but I somewhat doubt they will reply at all. Images look very good on film except sometimes the corners are smeared, so I guess there are no aspherics moulded or otherwise. I hope you can find a way to use the lens. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Teemo. I have removed the lens blocks and will rehouse them in a barrel with iris, but I'm not so sure it will perform well on digital as it appears to be one of those lenses where the back glass is oversized and placed close to the film plane, therefore the outermost rays of light will be hitting the sensor at an acute angle and that means smeary outer portions of the image.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are filters you can buy to compensate for that. Have a read here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1453834

Not perfect but it makes for presentable images.