Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Free lenses! Free lenses!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject: Free lenses! Free lenses! Reply with quote

Free lenses - or worthless lenses?

I am cleaning out my stuff, as I should have been doing more often!

I am giving away a lot of humble or troubled lenses. They all work though. Or you may want them to experiment.
First batch below. Ask for any of them or all of them, send me a PM. First to ask gets what he asks for.
Free postage in the USA (yes this is an act of charity!).

Foreign postage will be a problem, as frankly these lenses are not worth international postage rates.
If you REALLY REALLY want me to ship them somewhere we could work out something.

I have tried, fixed, modified, and featured most of these in a writeup and portfolio.

Some will be well known here, others are "mysteries". Please comment on the provenance or special qualities of whatever, if you know it!

_1011195 by luisalegria, on Flickr

28mm's up the yin-yang.

In the back - the well known Vivitar 28/2.5 Kino/Kiron in Nikon mount. Seems to work fine.
Left to right -
Focal 28/2.8 in M42, A/M switch, has fungus. Maker unknown
Auto Sears 28/2.8 in M42 NO A/M switch, in operating condition. I suspect it is for a Chinon. ****TAKEN****
Auto Sears MC 28/2.8 in P/K Internal dust, minor scratches front element. Otherwise in operating condition. Unknown maker. ****TAKEN****
Starblitz Auto Macro 28/2.8 in P/K. Goes down to 1:5 marked. Missing rubber ring. Otherwise working. Has the Cimko diamond, so I guess thats what it is.
Auto Rexar MC 28/2.8 in P/K. In operating condition. Definitely a Cimko I think.

_1011197 by luisalegria, on Flickr

The inevitable 135's
Left to right
Suntar 135/2.8 in M42, but modified to be permanently manual aperture. A better lens than one would think!
Lentar 135/3.5 preset in T-mount. Not a Tokina!
Auto Sears 135/2.8 M42 with A/M switch. Decent lens ****TAKEN****
Quantaray 135/2.8 in Olympus. Smells like a Sigma, but who knows. Like new. ****TAKEN****

_1011199 by luisalegria, on Flickr

80-200-ish zooms
Left to right

Sun 85-210/4.8 M42 Auto. Unfortunately has fungus internally. Functional otherwise.
Hanimex-Praktica 90-230/4.5 M42 Auto. The classic ubiquitous Tokina
Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.7 in Nikon mount. Works fine, but zoom is very stiff. This one at least will never "creep"!

_1011200 copy by luisalegria, on Flickr

70-300 ish zooms
Left to right

Cosina 75-300/4.5-5.6 in P/K - Quite dusty inside. Very worn outside. However surprisingly good.
Minolta "beercan" 75-300/4.5-5.6 AF - Almost new, but a spot of fungus on the front of the second element. ****TAKEN****

_1011201 by luisalegria, on Flickr

300mm primes

Accura Diamatic YS (Sankor) 300/5.5 converted to PK manual aperture. Dirty inside.
Rubica 300/5.6 preset T-mount. Works fine. No T-mount included.
Next item is a Lentar 300/5.6 but it has the dreaded last-element unremovable haze problem. I have cannibalized it. Not available.
Vivitar 300/5.6 preset T-mount. I think these were Kino made. Dirty inside, has extemporized tripod mount screw. Heavy thing.

Last edited by luisalegria on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: More Free lenses! Reply with quote

Same as my earlier post -
First to ask gets them.
Free postage in the USA.

_1011206 by luisalegria, on Flickr

Terragon 35/2.8 preset T-mount. A Sankor of course. ****TAKEN****
Kalimar 18-28/4 PK (actually Ricoh KR) - A couple of large scratches on front element. Which doesn't matter as this is...not a great lens.****TAKEN****
Soligor 450/8 preset T-mount silver ring. Clean, works, in original styrofoam.****TAKEN****

Last edited by luisalegria on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame I'm not in the USA, there are several I might like to play with, but as you say postage makes it impractical.
Very generous of you anyway!
Friends

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Like 1 small

But i am out of the game, i am from Germany Friends

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fine piece of altruism luisalegria . I hope they all find good homes Like 1 small .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Luis, great offer. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very kind gesture!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Free lenses! Free lenses! Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Free lenses - or worthless lenses?

I am cleaning out my stuff, as I should have been doing more often!

I am giving away a lot of humble or troubled lenses. They all work though. Or you may want them to experiment.
First batch below. Ask for any of them or all of them, send me a PM. First to ask gets what he asks for.
Free postage in the USA (yes this is an act of charity!).

Foreign postage will be a problem, as frankly these lenses are not worth international postage rates.
If you REALLY REALLY want me to ship them somewhere we could work out something.

I have tried, fixed, modified, and featured most of these in a writeup and portfolio.

Some will be well known here, others are "mysteries". Please comment on the provenance or special qualities of whatever, if you know it!

Out of all the lenses you listed. I find the Focal 28mm f2.8 the most interesting.
I actually recently bought a mint condition copy of this lens. Sadly it still sitting on my still to be tested shelf.

For a lens sold by Kmart I expected a lower quality lens. Not so. Really nice build quality.
Luis, like you said unknown maker, but that's
What makes this lens interesting. Copy of a Tomioka design??

What I do know about this lens is:
It was made in approx. 1978.
It has 8 elements in 7 groups,
and it has 8 aperture blades.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one Luis.
A very thoughtful gesture.
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Free lenses! Free lenses! Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Free lenses . . .

Thank you, Luis! PM sent.

The Auto Sears 28 f2.8 M42 looks similar to Tokina's RMC 28 f2.8.

And I've seen the Auto Sears 135 also labelled as Chinon. I'm interested in Sears 135s and I wonder about the timeline of this (Chinon?) lens. I suspect it was sold sometime around 1980 when Sears was transitioning from selling Japanese made lenses to Korean made.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject: bump Reply with quote

As usual, Luis has delivered the goods!
Thank you, sir!

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a kind gesture ..

i could have some stuff for free soon too

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very thoughtful, Louis - who knows, you may have started a trend here!

Cheers,

Paul