Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Franka Rolfix w/ Arista Edu
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Franka Rolfix w/ Arista Edu Reply with quote

Franka Rolfix (Schneider Radionar 105 4.5 on Prontor-S) 6x9, I also have the 4.5x6 mask for this.

Arista Edu 100 is cheap in the US from Freestyle, $2.20, quite a bargain.

I can't answer for development, it was done by Adolph Gasser in San Francisco, which is a very good service for B&W if you live here.

Scans are via my old Canon 8400 flatbed, 1600dpi originally. It does a better job on B&W than color, and much better with medium format than 35mm. Oddly, even if I specify B&W negative on the scan it actually does a color scan anyway. I desaturated in GIMP to make JPG's.

Overall I think the contrast right off the film/scanner is excellent. The camera scratches the film I think, so I need to fix that. It does not scratch film if I use the 4.5x6 mask.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well cheap film ( that i never heard of ) but great results. The pic 1 is funny and alive due to the move i like this one, the rest is alos very good, great b&w range, you have a more than decent developing service , keep it Cool