Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Four new cameras have arrived!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Four new cameras have arrived! Reply with quote

As of today, I'm officially more than doubling my digital camera collection.

I've had my two D600 and a P7100 for a year now. Today, the Magic Brown Truck delivered the last of my four latest purchases..... S3500's all.

So I've gone from 3 digital cameras to 7..... at least until Saturday.

My neighbors, their kids & grandkids have unofficially 'adopted' me since my real family is 800 miles away. They invite me to all their family gatherings. In exchange, I take all sorts of photos for 'em just for fun. During an outing with their grandkids last fall, one of them was veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interested in my camera. She then commented that none of them have a camera...... not even on their cell phones.

So, Santa going to arrive a couple weeks late. We're getting together this Saturday to exchange gifts and have a traditional holiday meal..... and digital cameras all the way around for the kids! (parents already have one)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent gift!
I tough about that also this ending year, about a gift for my 5 yo daughter, but the idea had not materialized 'cause i found too early for her. Another thing that I'm observing is that she likes a lot to make videos or herself and her friends. Maybe next year, I'll find something which fits her little hands,

If you can post any shot of the children receiving the gifts... It would be cool!

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to find a "perfect" digicam for my niece and nephew who are now teens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very kind thing to do!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
I have yet to find a "perfect" digicam for my niece and nephew who are now teens.

These kids are 8-12.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:

I gave my Niece a pimped-up Olympus Trip, 3 films and a £20 Spielmann voucher. She is soooo happy!!

she loves retro.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote