Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FONTRON 200mm f4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: FONTRON 200mm f4.5 Reply with quote

Not the sharpest lens in the world, but I quite like the swirly background ...

Bit of CA there though...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show a picture from lens itself too? Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Can you show a picture from lens itself too? Many thanks!

Here we are ....

Don't tell me, it's made by a very famous name and it's worth its weight in gold Smile Or not.........

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Remind me my Prakticar 24mm lens it was a cheap , crap Japenese lens. I guess this one made by same vendor. I have no idea about maker. Try it out and share more pictures taken with this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing Laughing Remind me my Prakticar 24mm lens it was a cheap , crap Japenese lens. I guess this one made by same vendor. I have no idea about maker. Try it out and share more pictures taken with this lens.

Cheap cr*p Japanese lense? - yup, you are probably right. But then, I am easily pleased Smile If I get a couple of minutes tomrrow, I'll try and get a few shots through it. I blame it all on the 5D. Makes ANY lens look OK Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these in the "Focal" brand - a store brand of the US K-mart department store chain.

http://forum.mflenses.com/focal-k-mart-200-4-5-preset-mystery-lens-t9354,highlight,focal+brand.html

Mine was not bad. I gave it to a fellow in Finland. I still don't know who made it.

I understand from member Helios that this was also sold in Europe as "Optomax", which was a British brand known to be used on rebranded Sankor and early Sigma lenses.

I think this was from the mid-1970's, from one of the less famous makers, sold as a cheap lens when new, as it was one of the last preset lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I've seen lots of Optomax lenses in this style. I've seen a few Prinz Galaxy lenses in this sort of style also.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: re: FONTRON 200mm Reply with quote

Many thanks for all the info guys. Very interesting reading in the link.

For a "cheap" lens, it certanily seems to be reasonably well made. Certainly not as plastic as the more modern cheapo's.

Perhaps, as presets were coming to an end, K-Mart got them as a bulk buy? Who knows. I have definitely got lenses which take worse pictures than this one.