Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fomapan 100 - 120 Misaligned film?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Fomapan 100 - 120 Misaligned film? Reply with quote

I have just developed a roll of Fomapan 100 and have discovered an odd phenomenon.
This film was shot on Mamiya C330 and the film was loaded correctly, with the start arrows correctly aligned before winding on.
I have found that I missed the first frame completely - totally unexposed - while the last frame is slightly truncated at the very tail of the roll.
Seems like the film was mis-aligned on the paper backing.
Anyone else ever experienced this?
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, never experienced this, Tom.
It could be possible.
Did you keep the paper backing ? Maybe you could see if the film was glued before the start mention.

For 120 films, I use Kodak TMax.

The only thing I can say is that I bought Fomapan 400 and I'm quite confused with this film because it lacks a lot of contrast and sharpness on 8 films out of 10. I read that in fact it's more a 320 iso than a 400 and dev times are quite different from one person to another.
Just to say that I'm not too confident with Foma films.