Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focal 28mm f2.8 from Cheapo challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Focal 28mm f2.8 from Cheapo challenges Reply with quote

The lens has at least one element disaligned. Focus is not sharp at all with DSLR or m42 adapter on nex, so I use a tilt adapter to compensate for the disalignment. These photos are what I think this lens is capable of - optically and slightly PP.

So what do you think?

Other photos that have been submitted in the Focal challenge:

A building:

A landscape:

A close-up:

A portrait:

A street shoot:

Last edited by hoanpham on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that same lens and it's capable of some great shots. However it does suffer from Coma, especially wide open. but
Some of the shots look like you have tilt shift adapter in front of the lens. It's actually hard to believe that that is just a misaligned element.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Paul, I have tilt adapter on nex5n.
That because it is practically useless without.

A non tilt is not sharp and it has wierd focus plan. A tilt with correct rotate angle will compensate for the dis-aligment of the lens and become sharp.

Welcome to the forum.