Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fly Fishing Practice
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Fly Fishing Practice Reply with quote

Earlier this week I had a chance to get an overnight star trails image in the mountains. I'm still working on figuring out how to get the lines solid. Anyway, in the interim, I thought it might be neat to try this on some fly fishing practice shots. I made three with the auto-align and auto-blend tool, but the best one is the one I created by layering multiple images, masking out the non-fly line areas, and then blending each layer together. For 29 layers or something like that. What are your comments and criticisms?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! Technically the pic seems OK, but the effect, at least in my eyes, is, that the fisherman hasn´t a clue.

Or maybe he took the term fly-fishing literally?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great one, like a tutorial for beginner fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
Great idea! Technically the pic seems OK, but the effect, at least in my eyes, is, that the fisherman hasn´t a clue.

Or maybe he took the term fly-fishing literally?

+1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look like he's practicing; not actually fly fishing. Or, he is actually trying to catch a fly with his pole & line! Laughing I don't think there are any fish in that pond; I think those rings are solar-powered algae-eaters.

I think the gerenal concept has GREAT artistic merit, but I would like to see it accomplished in a more natural setting, at a river or creek in the mountain woods, although this scene is very well executed imho. There is the "casting about", fishing for something (ideas?). Also the multiple poles make a star pattern over the fisherman. A good illustration of what it means to be human, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting effect.

My buddies and I are entered in the salmon license draw, if we get lucky I'll have to try something similar Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the comments. Yeah, there are no fish in either of these ponds. These are shallow cement ponds just for practice. They have grids and targets are are just so people can improve their technique. MY concept had been to try and capture, in one image, a whole bunch of casts -- sort of like freezing time over and over again.