Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FleXtight Photo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: FleXtight Photo Reply with quote

A gift from a friend who has left his photography behind as he pursues woodwork.
Can't wait to get it operational - I have sooo many 6x6 slides and negatives to scan.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly looks interesting,good of your friend to give it to you Like 1 small I see many nights ahead hunched over it Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
It certainly looks interesting,good of your friend to give it to you Like 1 small I see many nights ahead hunched over it Very Happy

Thanks Mo.
A few challenges ahead before it is operational.
It is a SCSI connection - so locate a suitable SCSI card. Find an old PC to install the SCSI card into and locate some suitable software to run on a version of windows that will support it.
Hahaha - could take a while Smile
However this is a top shelf drum type scanner that produced professional results in its day, and I would very much like to get it running once more.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! From what I read back then it was a quite good scanner. Perhaps not as good as top notch drum scanners like Heiderlberger Tango, but very likely better than alls scanners amateurs normaly can afford.