Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 35 2.8 Oddity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 35 2.8 Oddity Reply with quote

Hello all. I recently acquired this lens. It is the rarer 12 blade version and early f16 (later lenses have f22 setting). Minimum focusing distance is .35 meters (1.15ft). What intrigued me is the 'A' after the serial number. Is there any significance to this marking? I have not seen another with a similar letter at he end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanking any/all who contribute.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Flektogon 35 2.8 Oddity Reply with quote

philpicos wrote:

Hello all. I recently acquired this lens. It is the rarer 12 blade version and early f16 (later lenses have f22 setting). Minimum focusing distance is .35 meters (1.15ft). What intrigued me is the 'A' after the serial number. Is there any significance to this marking? I have not seen another with a similar letter at he end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanking any/all who contribute.

I quote you so we can see the pictures (first message does not allow you to show them).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vaguely seem to remember that such front rings with an "A" were used for certain repair work (maybe damaged and therefore replaced front ring). "A" might mean "Austausch" (=exchange). Can't remeber where I read it, but most probably a renowned German site about Zeiss Jena lenses/cameras.

S