Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flash for the NEX-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Flash for the NEX-7 Reply with quote

The NEX-7 has a useful flash aboard. But sometimes you might want a stronger one.
So I was looking for a solution that offers me at least a flash guide number of 20, a small flash body, a good quality and a cheap price.
That sounded almost impossible.

But believe it or not I have found one:

Metz Mecablitz 24 AF-1 S (for Sony)

This flashgun fits perfectly to the NEX-7 and works really well. With a guide number of 24 at 35mm it is strong enough for my needs.
It offers Sony's Pre-flash TTL and ADI metering (similar to Canon's E-TTL) and the reflector can be turned in order to bounce the flash.
I paid €55,- for the Metz.

Here you see why I did not want to use a regular flashgun. Those are just too big for my taste:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider radio triggers from ebay?

I dont have hotshoe on my nex5n, but when size matters, i use radio trigger. Very few time need to attach on the body. I use off camera most.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Flash for the NEX-7 Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
The NEX-7 has a useful flash aboard. But sometimes you might want a stronger one.
So I was looking for a solution that offers me at least a flash guide number of 20, a small flash body, a good quality and a cheap price.
That sounded almost impossible.

But believe it or not I have found one:

Metz Mecablitz 24 AF-1 S (for Sony)

Thanks for exploring flash for NEX-7. I will appreciate if samples are put here. Similarly if someone favor performance of NEX 3 with flash specially third party because a body is lying in a store here.