Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fishing boat - on the beach (OM-4 - Fuji Superia 200)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Fishing boat - on the beach (OM-4 - Fuji Superia 200) Reply with quote

Hello,

Shot on the September's weekend on the beach in Niechorze (Poland).

Olympus OM-4 with Fuji Superia 200, lab developed, home scanned with Plustek 7600i, negative conversion using Color Perfect plugin and LR.
#1, #3 - Olympus Zuiko 28mm/3.5
#2, #4, #5 - Tamron 03B 135mm/2.5

Baltic Sea Beach by Mateusz Molik, on Flickr

Fishing boat - Baltic Sea by Mateusz Molik, on Flickr

Fishing net's signage by Mateusz Molik, on Flickr

Fishing net's signage by Mateusz Molik, on Flickr

Oars by Mateusz Molik, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the set, very good work - especially the simplicity of #5. Lovely tones.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the immense amount of detail captured. Great photos!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are really nice. I love the subtle colours and expert composition.

Never tried the Tamron but I also have this Zuiko and its a very nice lens I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind comments.

Rudolf: As for this Tamron I think it's very underrated lens. I got it because I needed something with adaptable mount to OM, PK and EOS and it turned out to be really good. Wide open it's sharp and perfectly usable. Stopping it down, even just to f/4, makes it even sharper and I like it's rendering and solid build. However I don't feel completely comfortable with 135mm focal length yet Smile.

I also have to say that I'm in love in Fuji Superia 200's colour rendition. This negative was a few years expired, although I shoot it at box speed and turned out great. Relatively easy to scan as well.