Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First walk with the 7artisans 25mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: First walk with the 7artisans 25mm Reply with quote

I really liked the 7artisans 50mm but this lens isn't quite as good,the built isn't as nice and optically it has some flaws but when considering the price it's a good lens.At distance wide open it is only sharp in the centre but closer I don't think I its a problem. Stopped down to f8 it's sharp every were except the outer corners. The pictures feels a little harsh but that's probably fixable.

Last edited by Zeeke on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have som bokeh swirl or is it in my mind😊

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images!

I have this lens too. There a lot to like: tiny size, minimum focus distance of just 18cm, overall rendering. It's a nice walkaround-lens for e.g. on holiday.

The only disadvantage is partly user-error; on this lens often I turn the aperture ring instead of the focus ring Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Yes as an stills photographer I'd liked a clicked aperture ring but for the price it's hard to complain.
It's a fun lens to use and the focal length is close to my favorite ff 40mm.The short focus thread is
for good and bad but I actually like it because it makes the handling much faster and the lens is sharp
so it's easy to focus anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think that the lens is so good that small annoyances are easy to forgive, especially considering the price. Happy you enjoy it too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice pictures--thanks for the show of the lens--I've often thought of grabbing 1 of these for my little X-e1. jt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first picture, the bokeh appears to be trying to swirl. Can anyone else see this?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: 7artisans 25mm f1.8 Reply with quote

Some more bokeh stuff with the lens.....