Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First post with the Meyer-Optik Trioplan 100 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: First post with the Meyer-Optik Trioplan 100 2.8 Reply with quote

Hi again, I came to the forum a couple of months ago searching for a Trioplan 100. I had seen a few shots from that lens and I love the crazy oof area. My two favorite lenses of late for my camera are my Helios 44M and a recent Tair 135 2.8. I am having a true love affair with both of them... but I was tempted by the wildness of the Meyer...

Andy (F16sunshine) had a mint condition, collectors copy that I just could not quite afford, so he was kind enough to offer me his 'user' copy. He even cleaned up some dust before shipping it off to me, with a money back trial period. Not sure if the market place has a feedback section but Andy has been the best to deal with. I thank him for his kindness and patience.

Anyway the M-O trioplan is a strange bird who takes some getting used too. It seems to do whatever it wants in any situation... From crazy Exploding Gumball Bokeh (EGB) in one shot, to smooth impressionistic watercolor in the next. These are from my first real afternoon with it and I think I am going to have some fun with this one.
Thanks to all for looking, and for all the help when I first asked about this lens. And especially to Andy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is great!!! Very nice series

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: First post with the Meyer-Optik Trioplan 100 2.8 Reply with quote

Gus Helios wrote:

Anyway the M-O trioplan is a strange bird who takes some getting used too. It seems to do whatever it wants in any situation... From crazy Exploding Gumball Bokeh (EGB) in one shot, to smooth impressionistic watercolor in the next.

Pretty the best description of the trioplan 100 used wide open Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...wild Bokeh for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also a fan of the bokeh. The perspective makes wonder if you're use an Oly or tubes?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! great samples of the trioplan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus, what camera you use?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks everyone Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments and kind words.

DJ Mike, I am using a Pentax K20d on these shots... but I may get a focus screen and turn my K100d into my main MF shooter, I love the sensor so much on the K20 for cropping that I may just end just getting the focus screen for it.

thePirate... I am using the Pentax K20, although some of these are fairly tight crops, so they look closer than they really were. I have some tubes, but I have not stuck the Trioplan on them yet. I did shoot a couple of quick shots with the Sony M3358 macro adaptor lens on the Meyer just to see how it did. It was OK but looses some of the crazy bokeh and takes on the charactor of the macro adaptor... so it looks like a 'soft' prime with a macro adaptor on it.

This fly is a big crop... and I missed focus towards the back of the fly
and not on the eye...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Gus!
I'm so happy this worked out for you.
#2 is such a beautiful painterly shot.
Congrats and keep posting Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great lens but asks US$100+ typically, need more consideration if want to acquire one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 2nd series. THanks for sharing. The fly looks great.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of the third photo on the first series. Different then the typical stuff you see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fly is more real that the flies that I see everyday.

Which is the real one? Laughing

All yours pics are beauties to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
The fly is simply astounding. Great job on the whole series. You should definitely try the tubes.
-Marty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two great examples of a quirky lens - I can't help but be reminded of the Helios 40 85/1.5. Imagine running around with those two - you would never know what you were going to get Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: I really want to thank everyone Reply with quote

Thanks for a wonderful welcome to forum with my first photo post. I have been really enjoying my mf lenses for the last 6 months and was lucky to have found this great forum for sharing and learning.

My most used lenses on my Pentax K20 are the Helios 44M, the Tair 135 2.8, the Jupiter 9 and now this magic shootin' Meyer Trioplan. The Tair and the Meyer were some of the first lenses I first saw photos from on this forum, and I am very happy to have added them to my bag.

I am not rolling in funds, but any other reasonably priced 'must have' lens suggestion would be appreciated. I have a lot of work coming up in May so I should have some 'toy' money to use...

Thanks again.