Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First film camera and first roll of film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: First film camera and first roll of film Reply with quote

Nikon FE with Fuji 400 (a couple of years out of date) with a ai 50/1.4. I was testing if the meter was working and whether the seals were OK. Do they look OK? The colours are a little strange but I think that it's the old film.

Thanks for looking Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, nice series, they look OK with nice colors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes these look fine. The Fuji tends to orange even when fresh in my experience - a good way to fix this in photoshop is to dup the layer, do auto color correct on the new layer, and then blend it back until you have a color balance that retains the film character but isn't as extreme.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Fuji film. The colours are ok, perhaps the last image shows some weird hue.
We are so used to digital colours that film colours sometimes seem strange to us. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Nice result, hopefully many people will follow you , shoot on film is a great fun I enjoy more than shoot on digital.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to enjoy shooting film. I really want to try shooting b&w film. That's the main reason I bought the FE. The Kitamura Camera store near my house has Fuji neopan in the refrigerator. Is it any good?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to enjoy shooting film. I really want to try shooting b&w film. That's the main reason I bought the FE. The Kitamura Camera store near my house has Fuji neopan in the refrigerator. Is it any good?

Excellent film go ahead!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. I'll grab some. I've got a holiday starting the day after tomorrow (Japan's Golden Week!) so I'll have plenty of time to enjoy my new/old camera.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... there's nothing like starting with the best, is there Smile that Nikon FE has so many things designed right about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good combo of lens, camera & film.

The shots look very slightly over exposed but this could be the scanning or my monitor.