Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First Ever Problem from Auction Site Item
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: First Ever Problem from Auction Site Item Reply with quote

Darn, my "record" is ruined, dashed before my very eyes! Confused

I anxiously awaited the Tamron SP 35-80, and finally received it this evening. I've never had a faulty photographic item from the *Bay site before, but I guess the statistics caught up with me.
The first thing I did, was put the lens under my kitchen lights, and I did a quick double-take. The secondary lens, just interior from the outer lens, has a kind of "scratchy haze" all around the lens, with only about 1.5 cm of "clear" glass in the center. The clear area is nearly circular, although there are zigs and zags on the periphery.

I have a shot of the lens attached, had to crank up the ASA on my little digicam to 800 as I needed to hand-hold the lens for the image. You can clearly see the clear area in the middle, as well as the striations as though someone might have taken an abrasive cloth and twirled around the lens with it. The only caveat is that it is an interior lens, so I am puzzled. Could be haze...
Has anyone seen this anomaly before?

Needless to say, I already wrote the seller that the lens is faulty, so we'll see what happens.

Interestingly, when I go back to the auction, there were quite a number of images of the lens, but no image of the actual optics was taken directly from the front. Rolling Eyes So, perhaps this is a lesson for me, and maybe someone else can learn from my mistake of not requesting an image or statement about the glass itself.

I'm not upset about this, it's not like it was a large amount of money, and I assume that I'll be successful in getting a refund.

Here is the auction that I won: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330177943591&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your troubles, Laurence, that is some nasty stuff on the
lens. Here's another auction with an Adaptall 2 for Yashica that ends
very soon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290173694678&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=330177943591&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

yes, I have two of these lenses, highly recommended!

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Sorry to hear your troubles, Laurence, that is some nasty stuff on the
lens. Here's another auction with an Adaptall 2 for Yashica that ends
very soon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290173694678&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=330177943591&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

yes, I have two of these lenses, highly recommended!

Bill

Ackkk....missed it, was actually doing a little WORK this evening! Surprised Didn't get back here in time.

Bill, it's not a big deal for me as far as "troubles" are concerned. I simply won't keep the lens, and it's only meaning that it will be a little longer before I have a good example of a 35-80 in my hands. I have certainly heard good things about this lens, and now you feel it is a good lens as well. So...I'll wait and watch and try again! Wink