Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fences
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Fences Reply with quote

Here are two shot I took during hiking trips through the Dutch country side (although hiking is not a completely fair term in this flat nation).

The first one was taken last November with nice autumn colours, shot with my Helios 44-2.
The second one is from last March, on a very sunny day after the very mild winter, shot with my Sigma Mini Wide 28/2.8.

I always try to keep to keep PP minimal, adjusting white balance, exposure and mild contrast enhancement if needed.

I'd like to hear your thought on these two shots.

IMG_1983.jpg by chris_zeel, on Flickr

IMG_4845.jpg by chris_zeel, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone any thoughts? (after over 150 views..)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like the first shot best and nice to know Holland is flat as I hope to do some cycling with the family for 3 days around Wassenaar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first shot is excellent. The low contrast light and the way you can see the posts curve away make for a nice painterly shot with good composition. The browns and gentle greens really work well together.

I especially like how the eye starts at the in-focus pole, then follows the entire curve along the other poles, and finally takes in the whole landscape. Good stuff!

The 2nd one doesn't tell much of a story, which means the composition has to carry a lot of the weight of the photo, and for that it is a bit too generic for me personally.

Being Dutch myself I applaud your efforts to use the Dutch landscape btw. The Netherlands has its own environmental vibe, and I think it is very interesting in terms of photographic potential.