Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fall colours, Albert County, 2012 pt 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Fall colours, Albert County, 2012 pt 1 Reply with quote

The leaves have started to turn colour, I hope this was my first trip of many.

Tripod mounted, taken at f/8 with my new Pentacon 2.8/29 multi-coated. My first real test of the lens.

Exposure/brightness adjustments, small contrast and saturation boost, sharpening.

1) on a side road not far from Prosser Brook

2) Prosser Brook road

3) looking down from Caledonia Mountain road

4) unnamed stream. This was taken standing on the wreckage of the bridge that once crossed here.

5) Shenstone

The Pentacon has good colors and the coating is miles ahead of my Rikenon 28mm and Tak 28mm (old Tak, not SMC). I'm not crazy about the sharpness, but maybe I'm the crazy one for wanting razor sharpness at infinity with a reasonably priced 28mm.

I changed my leaf hunting approach this year. Last year I sought out remote and beautiful areas, but when you are in those trees there's simply no shot. I couldn't get the camera to capture the beauty I saw with my eye a glimpse at a time through the foliage. My best fall shot last year was a closeup taken on a groomed walking trail frequented by soccer moms Mad Rolling Eyes

So over the last year I scouted open places with good views to big stands of hardwoods, and this is the result.

I'm open to any and all critique.

If the weather co-operates I might have a couple more weeks to try again and I'd really like to get worthwhile fall shots this year. As you can see in some places the leaves are just starting to turn and it will be much more colorful in a few days.

EDIT - Pt 2 here, Pt 3 here

Last edited by fuzzywuzzy on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one Pentacon 2.8/29 Auto MC but in edges image was very soft at F5.6 and f8 too. In center image was very fine - perfect sharpen.
I found one test about Pentacon 2.8/29 (http://mrybak.tripod.com/testold.htm) i translate to english
Here is result table in lines/mm :

Result about 50lines/mm is very fine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The house shot would be nice when the leaves turn red Question

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepes wrote:
I have one Pentacon 2.8/29 Auto MC but in edges image was very soft at F5.6 and f8 too. In center image was very fine - perfect sharpen.

I guess APS-C bodies have the advantage sometimes Laughing