Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Expired Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 with OM2 Spot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Expired Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 with OM2 Spot Reply with quote

Hi,

I got pretty good deal for the expired Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 (it came up for about £0.50 per 36 exposure roll), but before buying greater amount of negatives I got three-pack for testing. I pretty much loved the outcome. Negatives are expired exactly 5 years (as expiry date is 2009.0Cool and I rated it at ISO200, but despite loosing 1/2-1EV of sensitivity to light nothing changed.
The grain is the same, colours are the same, sharpness is the same, well it's just transformed to Fuji Superia X-Tra 200 Wink.

After a little bit of advice from 'pentaxpete' I bought 60 rolls and I decided to put them in the freezer so they could last longer.

Here are a few samples taken with Olympus OM2 Spot/Program body.
Lenses #1-4 Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm/2.8-3.5
#5-7 Olympus Zuiko 50mm/1.8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very good deal and pictures are colourful.
Congrats.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bumping this post Olivier,the colors are great and that night shot is only something I can dream of being able to do.I have some of this film in the fridge.. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at the unanswered posts and answered some. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed, you did a very good job and some of the posts like this one need to be seen. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moira and Olivier Smile.

#2 photo I took using spot metering of OM2SP which gave 1/30th when pointed at the centre of the wheel and the #3 was taken using full auto (with -1EV compensation applied) and the exposure took something around 60-100 seconds.
Shooting at night with Olympus OTF exposure metering is really easy Smile.

I'm little worried about the "Colour Film Gallery" section of the forum as since I come back to shooting film, this part of the forum seems to be forgotten ;D and I would love to see more posts from other users.

Mateusz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it stays alive,keep posting!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just commit second post from vacation in the Tatra Mountains Smile

Mateusz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job !