Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EXIF properties to set for Apple Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: EXIF properties to set for Apple Photos Reply with quote

This isn't about a DSLR but I don't know where else to post this, it's about Sony a7R III and manual lenses that don't communicate EXIF.

I'm trying to get Apple Photos to display what lens was used on the camera. By default, when the camera has a fully mechanical adapter installed, Apple Photos' info dialog just shows "Sony 0mm F0.0" for the lens.

I should be able to correct this with exiftool, but I'm not sure what properties to set. I'm trying to set things like LensModel, Lens, and so on... but Apple Photos continues to display "Sony 0mm F0.0" instead. Anyone know what EXIF properties to edit to cure this?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have success yet?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it seems that when Sony-specific EXIF properties are present in the image file, the EXIF display gives priority to the indicated lens, which is encoded in a number with predetermined meanings, and not freeform. When my Sony doesn't have a native lens mounted, it puts a zero in that field, meaning "no lens." I could change that number to something else, but the only options available are the list of Sony lenses; I can't put "Vivitar this-and-that" or anything like that. There might be a way but I didn't find one. (I could strip all EXIF from the file and then add the properties I want, but that's not what I want to do. There's a lot of useful stuff in the Sony EXIF fields and I wouldn't want to try to figure out how/where to re-encode that.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried it but there may be something here

https://www.geckoandfly.com/7987/how-to-change-exif-data-date-and-camera-properties-with-free-editor/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently I installed a lightroom application to edit my photographs and videos and I think it is one of the best tools I used so far. Now I am trying for the best essay writing service to get information regarding paper resolution.