Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta mount and Miranda mount lens and planned adaptation.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Exakta mount and Miranda mount lens and planned adaptation. Reply with quote

I have in the past adapted T-mount Exakta lenses as it was just a swap of T-mount lenses and adjusting for infinity. Some did prove challenging-a Sankyo Kohki Japan Komura 200 f3.5 in particular .

This time I have been collecting some lenses over the past month~

A Spectra Coligon 135mm f2.8 (in Exakta mount), Spiratone 135mm f2.8(which I bought on Ebay which I thought was M42 but turned out to be a Miranda 44mm screwmount.) A Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 200mm f3.5, and a Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 105mm f3.5 both in Exakta mount.
The inner diameter of the Spectra Coligon and Spiratone lens mount was 50mm which is a larger than the T-mount adapter's-that is after you remove the inner ring. The Koki Komura's lens mount screws on to a 46mm threaded mounting boss.

I bought 3 Minolta AF(Sony AF) T-mount adapters and had a took the inner rings out. I then had my friend machine the inner diameters to 50mm and 46mm respectively. I also had him machine of 2mm from inside the roof of the mount.

I will be disassembling the Coligon and Spiratone lenses as I need to shave the mounting bosses of these 2 lenses. 1.5mm off the Coligon and 3mm off the Spiratone-to achieve infinity with my modification.

The Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 105mm f3.5 has been adapted-all I had to do was screw the newly modified T-mount with tree set screws on the side .

The Adapted Koki Tokyo Komura 105mm f3.5 is the one the right-with the exakta mount I took off it- in front of it. Infinity has been achieved on this modification.

From left to right: Spectra Coligon 135mm f2.8 in Exakta mount, Spiratone 135mm f2.8 in Miranda mount, Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 200mm f2.3 in exakta mount, and Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 105mm f3.5 in newly adapted Minolta AF T-mount.

Freshly modified Minolta AF(Sony AF) T-Mount.

the 4 candidates

I have had a soft spot for Komura Lenses-

From the left Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 105mm f3.5 adapted for Sony AF, Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 200mm f3.5 in Exakta mount, Sankyo Kohki Japan Komura 200mm f3.5 adapted for Sony AF, and Sankyo Kohki Japan Komura 105mm f2.5 in Sony AF mount.

Individual lenses:
[i]Sankyo Kohki Japan Komura 200mm f3.5

Sankyo Kohki Japan Komura 105mm f2.5

Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 200mm f3.5

Sankyo Koki Tokyo Komura 105mm f3.5

Spectra Coligon 135mm f2.8

Spiratone 135mm f2.8

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closer look at the new T-Mount.

Increased the depth here by 2mm, max allowable on this mount-leaving about 1and 1/2 mm thickness for the mount plate..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lenses, and really nice work. A vertical mill and a small lathe are both on my to buy list as soon as I can get the money together.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and Good luck on your "small lathe" Very Happy , I have been imposing on a friend to do the modifications for me-he has great skills with the lathe. I have to catch him on the right days .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lucky. Theres no one near by that has a lathe. So I need to buy my own.
Probably get a used one for well under half the price of the one in the link below.
http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-x-10-inch-precision-mini-lathe-93212.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that looks perfect-and the size -you could fit that anywhere. I read the manual and looks perfect for mount fabrication and modification. Very Happy .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same lathe is sold by a bunch of different companies. I haven't checked for the cheapest price yet, but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm getting.