Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta-EOS adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Exakta-EOS adapter Reply with quote

I've just got this Exakta-EOS adapter.
I don't have digital EOS body but use it with E-P2 and EOS-micro4/3 adapter.

Generally my impressions are mixed:

Pros:

- It is solid one made from brass guess. When you attach it to the camera it doesn't feel loose.
- The lens can be attached removed easy and it clicks when placed correctly.
- It doesn't wobble with long (heavy) lenses.
- Not very expensive ($24.25 with free shipping)

Cons:
- sometimes lens unlocks if you turn it too hard- there is no lens lock lever with this adapter as the one of the original Exakta body.
- It doesn't reach infinity (at least when stacked on my EOS-micro4/3 adapter )I get focus going up to 15 - 20 meters.
- Not good for Exakta lenses with automatic diaphragms (arms) like 2/50 Pancolar for example.

If you want to use Exakta lenses with mirrorless cameras it is better to get an dedicated Exakta adapter and avoid stacking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacking is fine with 4/3 adapters, EOS is a different story, due most adapter is thin and not easy to make them in good quality.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Exakta-EOS adapter Reply with quote

std wrote:

Cons:
- sometimes lens unlocks if you turn it too hard- there is no lens lock lever with this adapter as the one of the original Exakta body.
- It doesn't reach infinity (at least when stacked on my EOS-micro4/3 adapter )I get focus going up to 15 - 20 meters.

True for my EXA-EOS-Adapter as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did you buy this adapter from std...?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From seller carexi. The actual item is this one Click here to see on Ebay

OM wrote:
Who did you buy this adapter from std...?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cool