Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta 35-200 f4 - 5.6. Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Exakta 35-200 f4 - 5.6. Macro Reply with quote

I've got a big bag of stuff today, and this was in it. My knowledge of Exakta is tiny, but I don't think this is a 'proper' Exakta, it's Japanese for a start. The lens intrigues me though, it looks like an early 1980's lens, which would make it a pioneering superzoom. Also, there's very few 35 - 200 lenses. I can find Nikon and Minolta in the mainstream, and Sigma, Tokina. This looks more like the Tokina ? I've also seen mention of Quantaray, Super Ozeck and CZJ Jenazoom ( Japanese )

This lens is actually in very good condition, the rubber will soon clean up.

Does anyone recognise it, and is it any good?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen that one, I would assume it would be average at best through the zoom range, with barrel and pincushion distortion at the two extremes.... I do hope I'm wrong for you though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google throws up nothing, and I agree - don't expect much. Rolling Eyes I'll bolt it on the Sony tomorrow and try it. I haven't bought this bag of stuff yet, and there's very little that I want - or haven't already got.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.......I tried it, and it's not bad at all. Actually, I'd put it on the high side of "not bad at all". It was blowing a gale, there was sleet, rain and intermittent rays of sunshine so I just ripped a few shots off in the churchyard behind the house.
All the shots are wide open at f4 or down one stop at f5. I have processed these shots to get the colours and contrast - it needs a hood. There is minimal sharpening and none on the big crop of the urn and bokeh shot. The bokeh is rather good, not too fussy and there are nice rings on the highlights. With a bit of work and attention this could be a very decent walkabout lens on the Sony.

This lens appears to be remarkably free of CA / Fringing. The gold on the finial and the white pillars are notorious for exposing CA.

Nearly 100% crop. The bokeh is good, and the highlights are the ever popular circles.

I might hang on to this lens. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously: you should be able to recognize the COSINA after all those posts Wink.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Seriously: you should be able to recognize the COSINA after all those posts Wink.

Embarassed Well............yeah, that was my first thought. The blue engraving is Cosina, but everything I found showed Tokina as the closest match, I didn't find a Cosina at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did kind of mentioned it indeed: "CZJ Jenazoom ( Japanese )".

Last edited by Pancolart on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was exactly my thinking, that's where I'd seen the blue engraving before. But for some reason I didn't search for Cosina. Which I've just done and found a nearly identical lens - except the engraving is yellow! Laughing