Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EXAKT REAL TO EOS ADAPTER
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: EXAKT REAL TO EOS ADAPTER Reply with quote

Exakta Real to EOS adapter
I purchased an Exakta Real lens thinking it was Exakta mount. (oops) I would like to fab an adapter for it using an exakta adapter and the lens mount from a throwaway real twin camera. My question is regarding register. A thorough search of the internet I can find no reference to register distance for the Exakta Real. My thought is I will cut the lens mount out of the camera and mill a matching cut to the inside of the exakta adapter then solder the 2 together. I think it should work as I have managed to finesse the lens onto a PB adapter and actually take photos. It would (of course) not focus to infinity and there was substantial side to side slop. The exakta real mount has a shank on the tube between the bayonet gap and the register so the lens was not even near the register (maybe 8mm away!) its a Scneider tele xenar 135 brand new in the box so I am reluctant to do anything to damage it. I know from my reading that there was an adapter for exakta to exakta real but since the exata bayonet is so much smaller it need not even have a flange to change the register distance. Any help greatly appreciated.