Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eumig Eumigetta I - Ilford PanF Plus 50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Eumig Eumigetta I - Ilford PanF Plus 50 Reply with quote

First photos with this camera.
Left as is from the developer.
Kind of dark.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. Not bad at all I would say. Maybe you could enhance the contrast a little bit like this:

At least for my tast this would improve the overall impression a little bit. I hope you don't mind that I've edited your picture a little bit.

Furthermore for better tonality it's far more easy to use a film like the HP5 or at least the FP4. The PanF and other ultra fine grain films are more known to provide lesser tonality. At least that is my personal experience.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Not bad at all I would say. Maybe you could enhance the contrast a little bit like this:

At least for my tast this would improve the overall impression a little bit. I hope you don't mind that I've edited your picture a little bit.

Furthermore for better tonality it's far more easy to use a film like the HP5 or at least the FP4. The PanF and other ultra fine grain films are more known to provide lesser tonality. At least that is my personal experience.

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Not bad at all I would say. Maybe you could enhance the contrast a little bit...
At least for my taste this would improve the overall impression a little bit. I hope you don't mind that I've edited your picture a little bit.

Thank you. Glad to hear they are not bad.
I agree that enhancing the contrast would have helped, I just wanted to show the photos as is, but next time I post B&W photos I think I will improve them a bit first. Your version looks quite nice.
Thank you for the different film recommendations.
I took half of the shots with a tripod and half hand held. I liked using this camera, it was very stable even hand held because of the weight. I will try it again.
Buying old cameras can become addictive, they are attractive machines and can be very well made.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:

Buying old cameras can become addictive, they are attractive machines and can be very well made.

Don't tell me. Wink

I have already too many.

BTW, the picture quality is astonishing good for such a simple camera. Middle format is still something different. That's rather clear.
I've done a lot of B&W photography with my first "modern" middle format camera, the Yashica Mat124G twin reflex 6x6 "box". I liked it very much and still have it. The Ilford HP5 turned out to be my favorite film for that with best tonality. However, I primarily made paper pictures with my Meopta Opemus enlarger. That was before the digital age started. Wink