Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EPM1, how to zoom when focusing?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: EPM1, how to zoom when focusing? Reply with quote

Hello, I just bought EPM1 for my wife, we only use manual lenses, I cannot find a way to zoom when using manual lens. Anybody can help me?
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had this camera, but I remember from dpreview review that it's possible. AFAIK right button on the 4 way controller has a magnification symbol, my guess that it should be it...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Never had this camera, but I remember from dpreview review that it's possible. AFAIK right button on the 4 way controller has a magnification symbol, my guess that it should be it...

I read on dpreview it possible, but not mentioned about how to do it. It should be set the video button for zoom, but how?
right button on controler is only for magnify on play mode.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nothing obvious works, try pressing the info button (that cycles through viewing modes, there are many of them). Probably one of the modes is a magnified view. If that fails, go to the setup, cog menu, perhaps magnified view must be enabled there first.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that should do the trick ( you need to cycle with Info until you find the green square - then 'OK' will enlarge the screen.
I remember i have played with one of those mini pens but i found it very difficult to work with compared to E-P2.
Lack of buttons and touchscreen makes it useless for manual lenses.

What it is good for are small AF lenses as 14mm and 17mm - most probably even the 12mm. It was selling as a bundle with the 12mm here and price was about the same as the lens alone.

If you can live with the poor ergonomics it's the same IQ as the other pens from the same generation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an E-PM1 and I only use manual lenses, no problems for me ergonomically and I can use all the functions I need with ease (exposure / iso / magnifying).
Assign the red recording button to magnify, exposure to the wheel, turn on super menu for quick ISO selection (or set it to auto within set boundaries) and you're set.

Setup -> B -> Button Function -> O funtion -> select magnifying glass

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks All for replied Smile
Fabian give exactly right. my cam was hide the menu, so it need to be "on" first. Now I got it.
Result compared to NEX5 is different. and operating too. new system to me.
I bought it coz it has purple color, and my wife love it Very Happy, beside I have cmount lenses which in NEX , vignette is too strong