Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ep2 extreme setup, good result
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: ep2 extreme setup, good result Reply with quote

i tried a vivitar 2x converter with my petri 135mm m42 lens (540mm equivalent) on ep2 at iso 1600 handheld with low shutter speed of 500th/second. this is a pretty extreme setup, especially since m4/3s are notoriously bad much beyond iso 400. i was pleasantly surprised by the results with just a small clarity pp adjustment in 1. tribute to value of ollys IS system. c&c welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say why, but the first one looks like a film shot (here on my wife's laptop display).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripod, tripod and slow speed to get sharp images every where + silky water.
We are lazzy to use tripod but essential.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree attila, but i specifically did not want to use a tripod. i was experimenting to find out the limits of the ep2 in terms of this kind of an extreme setup while handheld, and for that specific experiment i was pretty happy. i wanted to see what i could count on while traveling without a tripod.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes luis, now that you mention it, it does have that quality, not sure why.