Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS film camera ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: EOS film camera ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I feel like I'm plenty of lenses for now, but as I can't afford buying a 5D to use them at their regular angle, I think I'll get an EOS film camera - I will still be abble to use adapters I already have and most of the lenses I guess.

It has to be cheap and having full manual controls + Av mode to match my 350D.

Any remcomandations ?

Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I have got (and like to use) an EOS500 (plastic body, but good performance) and an EOS600 (very robust, great cam, but many of those have shutter problems, it easily gets sticky after some years).

I just bought an EOS EF-M for manual lenses. This can be a very good choice for using manual lenses with an adapter, since it has a split prism finder. I will tell about it as soon as I get it...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Florent
How cheap ? 20 euros or less Mr. Green
What happen to your 20e yashica body&lens, you have already one of the best system compatible y/c & m42 Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Confused Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yashica body is fully manual and also is not working actually, I haven't got time to fix it yet...

Anyway I don't want a non manual camera - for that I've already 2 Praktica BCA cameras Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, the broken Yashica Dental Eye III camera I own is similar to Contax Aria SLR :

http://butkus.org/chinon/contax/contax_aria/contax.htm

But the Yashica :
- doesn't have Shutter Speed Dial
- doesn't have Exposure Mode Selector Lever
- doesn't have Lens Release Button
- doesn't have Metering Mode Selector Lever
- doesn't have Aperture Stop-down Button

... what a usefull camera ! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photowiki wrote:
The last version, the Dental Eye III, was actually based on the expensive Contax RX body.

Maybe they made a mistake ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photowiki is probably more accurate than I am :

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ...

LucisPictor wrote:
I just bought an EOS EF-M for manual lenses. This can be a very good choice for using manual lenses with an adapter, since it has a split prism finder. I will tell about it as soon as I get it...

...and congratulations.
One (or more) questions:
1. You have to set the aperture dial to the same aperture, set on the lens (with the help of the aperture ring, of course) in order to gain correst measurement of light by the camera's light meter ?
2. How does it feels holding the camera; is it ergonomical, is the camera solid/sturdy or it feels too plasticky.
3. Sould I be careful with something more ? As I know even the mount is made of plastic.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Cosmin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your questions are the ones that I also ask myself.
I will tell you, when I have the cam... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:

One (or more) questions:
1. You have to set the aperture dial to the same aperture, set on the lens (with the help of the aperture ring, of course) in order to gain correst measurement of light by the camera's light meter ?

I guess so, but I will have to try what happens...
But it is not really a problem, everytime you turn the aperture ring you also change the cam dial.
It has an "A" on the dial, but I think this only works with EF-lenses.

montecarlo wrote:

2. How does it feels holding the camera; is it ergonomical, is the camera solid/sturdy or it feels too plasticky.

It really feels weel. It looks good and seems to be a robust cam. Of course not like my Zenit EM, but then this is a tank, isn't it?
The EF-M seems to be somewhere in between the EOS500 (plastic) and the EOS600 (very solid).

montecarlo wrote:

3. Sould I be careful with something more ? As I know even the mount is made of plastic.

Yes, the plastic mount is somewhat discouraging, but I think as long as you don't shoot with heavy tele lenses, this shouldn't be a problem. Just check it before you buy. I was lucky.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Carsten .