Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS adapter with... 14-blade iris !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: EOS adapter with... 14-blade iris ! Reply with quote

Will this really gonna work? I thought the iris should be designed with the lens and located at a precise location wrt focal point.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite an intersting adapter! Looks like a fancy lens baffle that allows the user to 'stop down' a lens on M43, don't see why it wouldn't work and could come in handy for mirror lenses?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically an aperture, however mounted at rear of lens acts like a baffle or mask of image circle, not the same at all as an aperture in the correct placement to cut off faster perimeter light passing through front element. Does nothing at all to DOF. Depending on camera it may help exposure metering, by limiting diameter of image circle.

Imho, a lot cooler would be if it closed completely light tight and had an adjustable timer for use as shutter.

Waste of money? I think so. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These might be of use with Pentax 110 lenses -- the Pentax 110 has lens diaphragm in the body. Depends on how close is position of diaphragm in adapter to position of diaphragm when lens is mounted on Pentax 110 body.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks similar to Voigtlander/Kodak DKL mount to Pentax adapter. Those lenses have their apertures in the body so presumably it works properly and is in the right place. Shame that the adapters cost so much!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of Waterhouse stops, but on the opposite end of the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Vandals! Reply with quote

It might be good to find out where they got the beautiful 14 leaf mechanism from?

If they have many sources for them? I doubt they are manufacturing them? Quite an investment too!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Vandals! Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
It might be good to find out where they got the beautiful 14 leaf mechanism from?

If they have many sources for them? I doubt they are manufacturing them? Quite an investment too!

I think they manufacturing it themself.