Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS 1D classic problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: EOS 1D classic problem Reply with quote

Hi!

I just bought a EOS 1D classic. I thought that I would use it only with manual lenses. However it doens't work because the images turns reddish and they get a greenish border.
Something to do with CCD-sensor? Can I do something?

Sample:

SIGMA 35mm 1.4 ART

MIR 35mm 2.0 manual lens

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems this has to do with the processing of the camera. Have you tried other lenses or chipped adapters?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works with all the new AF lenses but this same happens on every manual lenses. RAW or JPG straight from the camera produces same effect.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikkokan wrote:
It works with all the new AF lenses but this same happens on every manual lenses. RAW or JPG straight from the camera produces same effect.

What kind of adapter you use. Dump adapter or AF confirm adapter? Any photos of the adapter?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF confirm. Hmm I first "jammed" the switch inside the camera mount so that the AF confirm works. This has to be done in 1D series. Now I removed the "jam" so the switch was released and now there is no green border but reddish cast is still there. But AF-confirm doesn't work when the switch is "loose".

M42->EOS adapters with EMF-chip. These small metal adapters from ebay, no glass between.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikkokan wrote:
AF confirm. Hmm I first "jammed" the switch inside the camera mount so that the AF confirm works. This has to be done in 1D series. Now I removed the "jam" so the switch was released and now there is no green border but reddish cast is still there. But AF-confirm doesn't work when the switch is "loose".

M42->EOS adapters with EMF-chip. These small metal adapters from ebay, no glass between.

Yes. The AF chip will not work when the switch is not jammed. There are some adapters which will jam the switch when attached.

I don't know why there are reddish cast. Maybe someone here who own a 1Dc can give you more details.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is strange. I have 1Ds mkII and used to have 1D mkII, no problem with these. Has to be something to do with the CCD sensor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this is a great camera! From 2001 4,5Mpix. Dont be fooled, it's plenty of pixels.

8fps
Flash sync 1/500
Max shutter time 1/16000
1D body
Cheap
Great file size for daily use

What about the noise?

Well here is a sample. ISO 3200, lens Sigma 50mm 1.4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved!

Calvin, you were on a right track. I taped EMF-chip contact points+removed the level. Now the picture looks normal.

How is this possible??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikkokan wrote:
Problem solved!

Calvin, you were on a right track. I taped EMF-chip contact points+removed the level. Now the picture looks normal.

How is this possible??

Good to hear you fixed the problem. I think the signal from the chip affected the processing of the camera.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe you're right. I really would like to have AF-chip but I have to learn to shoot without it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem finally solved!

I ordered M42->EOS adapter without EMF-chip but instead "normal" af-confirmation chipped version. This one works great, no green border or reddish cast.