Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enjoying the new E-P2. Some early photos.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Enjoying the new E-P2. Some early photos. Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying the new E-P2. It's IS capabilities surely come in handy in low-light. I wish they extended to video too. In comparison with the NEX5, I find the straight out of camera samples a bit over processed. I need to check the settings for more neutral processing. Getting the focus is a mixed bag but so far I think I'm doing well even without focus peaking. ISO capabilities of NEX are far ahead then the E-P2 and it shows straight away above 800.

Here are some early samples with a Canon FD/FL lenses.

#1 - Canon FD 50/1.4 wide open

#2 Canon FD 50/1.4 wide open

#3 Canon FD 35-70 f/4

#4 Canon FD 35-70 f/4

#5 Canon FD 35-70 f/4

#6 Canon FL 55/1.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, beautiful lenses and samples !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Poilu!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave really nice shots! its a great cam, esp with evf. i just today packed mine up as i just sold it, and i miss it already! it does tend towards being 'warm', esp in low light. just lower the in cam saturation when doing portraits.
tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony! I haven't got the EVF but I do feel one may be required. The LCD on the E-P2 is not as good as the NEX. I will try to lower the in cam saturation. I did find some of the shots very warm. I need to read the manual in more detail as I guess it has more "auto" settings then I need.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the nice camera.

The only settings i have tweaked are:
to retain details: Picture mode to 'i-enhance' with sharpness -2 and contrast to 0, you may reduce the saturation to -1 if it's too much.

To reduce the noise in the shadows set gradation curve to Normal, also noise reduction to Auto and noise filter low.

if you want to play with AF lenses you may find the tracking focus mode (C-AF TR) useful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham and Stefan. Stefan, I will try to experiment with the settings a bit more now on the lines you have suggested. I don't have any AF lens for this at the moment, only manual (with just an FD adapter currently)!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bhargav , nice shots, very colourful.
I own an E-P2 too with an EVF. keep us informed with your experience on this camera. I'm specialy interested to share advice as i'm new to both photo shooting and with MF lenses .

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexaddict wrote:
Hello Bhargav , nice shots, very colourful.
I own an E-P2 too with an EVF. keep us informed with your experience on this camera. I'm specialy interested to share advice as i'm new to both photo shooting and with MF lenses .

Hey there, thanks! I'm really finding it to be a very good camera. The colours are really great and I'm finding that focussing with it is not a big problem at all even without a viewfinder. I'm currently using FD lenses and will soon buy a pK adapter. The only slight criticism is that compared to NEX the high iso is little grainy. Looking forward to your shots.