Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Embarrassed.... Komura Om Mount....help!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Embarrassed.... Komura Om Mount....help! Reply with quote

Embarassed as the title says,I am a little embarrassed as I wanted to see what was under the mount...however there is a spring that I know where one end attaches to (a little brass screw) but I have NO idea where the other end goes/attaches to... Embarassed
At the moment the spring is sitting in the box next to the lens as I think it is safer to have it there.This was my first attempt at exploring a lens as you can see I did not get far at all and have no idea what to do. I don't have a Olympus camera so I chose this lens to experiment on as I assume you have to start somewhere in learning Confused
Komura 75-150mm zoom 715
Appreciate some guidance and help Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ...I thought I would put some photos up to help you visualize what I
have done Laughing
The mount

the bit i took off and the spring attached but where does the other end go??

does it attach on this part some where??

I really would like to be able to put the spring back where it came from Sad
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only guessing, but judging by the length of the unstretched spring, it appears that it should travel around the inner barrel to affix to something on the same plane. Whether on the same mount piece or the other part of the lens, I cannot say.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought but I can't see where it may attach.The brass screw it attaches to has a grove in it so you can see the spring goes there.When I removed it you could feel it go "ping" there was a bit of resistance....a good learning curve if not frustrating one. Rolling Eyes
Thanks for answering!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about that curvy lever which is attached near to the spring? That looks to be bent, and the end appears to have broken off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that curvy thing pushes against the brass screw just in front of it, it has to do with the 2 silver bits that you push in to mount the lens to the OM mount.....I wish I could speak the right tech speak Laughing I think the spring causes tension but it's sticking it on the right bit to achieve it.And frustratingly there is No obvious sign of where it attaches and I don't want to stuff the spring by over stretching it..Catch 22..or any more than I already have.
That is the only thing I can think the spring is for to help in the mounting of the lens to the camera mount as it is now looser and does not work as well when you squeeze on the two visible ends that protrude from the mount as you see on the first picture..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Komura OM-mount Reply with quote

Hello there,
On the OM mount one button is the lens securing latch (which would be the lower-left one in your second picture) and the other is a DoF-preview button , to stop the lens down to the set taking aperture (the upper-right button in your picture).

The long curving arm should press on the same lever as the one on the mount that is operated by the camera to stop the lens down, and I would guess that the spring wraps around the inner barrel in a direction that would hold the DoF preview button AWAY from the aperture operating lever, so that you don't stop down accidentally.

I would also guess that the aperture operating lever will be the one which runs in the short slot in your first picture, with the long slot housing the aperture signalling lever, that tells the camera what aperture you have set on the lens.

Hopefully this will let you work out where the spring should sit, and let you find what it should be anchored to.

Regards

Angus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Photomac...that sheds some light on what I am doing.I think the spring is related to the dof.In the third picture(bottom right) there is a little hammer that pushes on a pin that effects the aperture ....I am thinking the spring may have come from there but still can't see any sign of a connection.. Question
I will keep looking and thinking as you have made it make sense of the bits that I am looking at. Very Happy