Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elicar Automatic 35mm f2.8 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Elicar Automatic 35mm f2.8 M42 Reply with quote

Hello,

I picked this lens up at auction today by mistake - it was supposed to be a 'Takumar 55mm lens' Confused - just lucky I didn't pay too much for it I suppose!
It appears in very good condition - infact it doesn't even look like it's been used- the only problem I had was it was a bit tight getting it on and off the K mount adaptor.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this lens before? I googled it, but did not come up with much information.

I will hopefully get a chance to have a play with it tomorrow, and will post some test shots. Any info in the meantime would be appreciated. Very Happy

Cheers,

Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - I had a very quick chance to take a couple of shots with this lens today - all taken using Pentax K20D

First two of the flowers taken this morning just before sunrise at ISO 800, so some noise reduction done, but no other sharpening. Taken at f2.8

Next ones were taken at ISO 100 with no sharpening or noise reduction.

and 100% crop of above image

Overall I am quite happy with this lens so far - it has an interesting bokeh, and no CA from what I have seen (I haven't as yet tested it all situations). I think is certainly is sharp enough at f2.8 - I am just not sure about the focal length, but it will certainly spend some time on my camera until I work out the best use for it.

Cheers,

Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem to be too shabby a performer. You in Oz?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - in Adelaide.
Thanks for looking Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flowers were a give away, mid winter flower I've taken a few pics of lately in neighbourhood gardens.