Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Edixa Prismat and the Iscolor 50 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Edixa Prismat and the Iscolor 50 2.8 Reply with quote

I've seen a guy selling an Edixa Prismat, a 1966 Reflex (no meter at all, all manual) with a lens, which is an Iscolor 50 2.8, attached: he's selling it at 25 euros (with the camera pouche). It also says that it should be working (i'm trying to get info from him about it, but the whole camera looks nicely, i'm wondering about the focal plane shutter).

Is it a good price? I've seen Edixas on Ebay for around 90-100 $, with their lenses.

http://www.ukcamera.com/classic_cameras/wirgin2.htm

This site reports its model value as of 90 to 120 $, but the thing which interests me it's that it is an M42 mount...so i could either think to sell it or use it with my other m42 lenses.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap at that price.

The cameras were apparently nothing special but they seem to have collectors value.

Consider it an investment !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Cheap at that price.

The cameras were apparently nothing special but they seem to have collectors value.

Consider it an investment !

hmm, it could be. However, the buyer just told me that the shutter, the film advance system and the lens aprture work Very Happy so it could be ok. I also wonder about this Iscolor, its front element looks pretty much recessed, so quite probably it won't need a hood (even though i don't expect miracles from a 40 yrs old lens on the flare side, lol)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isco Iscolor is a "recent" version of the Iscotar lens . Don't expect miracles from this lens . I have it (Iscotar brand) and never tested it .... I suppose it can gives similar results as a Meyer Domiplan .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Isco Iscolor is a "recent" version of the Iscotar lens . Don't expect miracles from this lens . I have it (Iscotar brand) and never tested it .... I suppose it can gives similar results as a Meyer Domiplan .

Yes, it is, i looked over the M42 archive at http://m42.artlimited.net/ and on the aesthetical side it seems to be the same lens. I made a few test shoots with this lens to see how it worked but i still have to take a look at them on my pc, i think i'll do it now and i'll let you know (however, surely no big surprises i guess Wink )