Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC Fujinon Macro 55 f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: EBC Fujinon Macro 55 f/3.5 Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just dremelled the f/stop flange on my last buy, so i can finally use it on my K10D. And, of course, cannot resist from taking a first shot "a la va vite" ...

Here is the pic, straight from the raw file without PP, except color temperature fix, of course shot wide open at f/3.5:

The full res (10MP) picture is on my Flickr photostream here.

C&C are welcome.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 55mm macro is a decent lens, I use it quite often.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Great pictures! Especially the last one. Wonderful colours.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow~ bokeh is also great~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples, looks like a great little macro lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I already seen your last picture and still its colors impress me ...

Thanks for the samples, now i know of what it is capable this lens ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Fujinon Macro 3.5/55 some more shots Reply with quote

all taken wide open

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've tested it a while ago in "testing my lenses" thread series

http://forum.mflenses.com/testing-my-lenses-part-10-ebc-fujinon-macro-55mm-3-5-t31101,highlight,%2Btesting+%2Blenses.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tested this lens against the Nikkor 55/3.5? I think they are both 1:2 macro natively, right?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
Has anyone tested this lens against the Nikkor 55/3.5? I think they are both 1:2 macro natively, right?

yes they are, they need a matching tube to go 1:1

i have made separate tests of both of the lenses, but not side by side at the same time

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
ducdao wrote:

yes they are, they need a matching tube to go 1:1

i have made separate tests of both of the lenses, but not side by side at the same time

And what's your non-scientific verdict? Smile

I'm asking because I have the Nikkor and wondered if I should go for the Fujinon as well. The Fujinon normally costs about 30-40% more than the Nikkor.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
And what's your non-scientific verdict? Smile

I'm asking because I have the Nikkor and wondered if I should go for the Fujinon as well. The Fujinon normally costs about 30-40% more than the Nikkor.

search "testing my lenses" here for samples from both lenses

both are excellent lenses, and only thing you should consider is, if you can finance it, both lenses will give you great results

only thing you should know is, that ebc fujinon is only automatic aperture m42 lens, no a/m switch, so you have to have an adapter that can press the aperture pin of the lens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone have the “matching” extension tube for the Fujinon 55mm f/3.5 macro? If so, could you please measure the length of the tube, flange to flange? =)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Hi, does anyone have the “matching” extension tube for the Fujinon 55mm f/3.5 macro? If so, could you please measure the length of the tube, flange to flange? =)

it's 27mm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:

it's 27mm

Thanks! Is there a possible margin of error here, I was just wondering as the largest Fujica extension tube in the separately sold set is 27.5-28.5mm (depending on whether measuring by the edge or the slightly raised centre). (I'm trying to figure out if the macro lens came with the same tube or if it was different.)

Edit: Oh, also, does the tube have the words Fujica and Japan on opposite sides? How about the number “3”?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

it's 27mm

Thanks! Is there a possible margin of error here, I was just wondering as the largest Fujica extension tube in the separately sold set is 27.5-28.5mm (depending on whether measuring by the edge or the slightly raised centre). (I'm trying to figure out if the macro lens came with the same tube or if it was different.)

Edit: Oh, also, does the tube have the words Fujica and Japan on opposite sides? How about the number “3”?
mine has words 'tube' and 'fujica' on one side and 'japan' on other side, but no numbers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
mine has words 'tube' and 'fujica' on one side and 'japan' on other side, but no numbers

Ok, so at least the text is different. Thanks again!