Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ebay seller Ghostello recommended
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: ebay seller Ghostello recommended Reply with quote

I had a good transaction with this seller who has interesting stuff for us at reasonable prices, in addition with free shipping which makes a lot of difference in the final price coming from Russia.
And the delivery delay was quite fast !

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ghostello/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2654

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: ebay seller Ghostello recommended Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
I had a good transaction with this seller who has interesting stuff for us at reasonable prices, in addition with free shipping which makes a lot of difference in the final price coming from Russia.
And the delivery delay was quite fast !

Why should free shipping be good? I think it's bad, you have to pay higher custums tax and for cheaper items shipping fees are a big part of the total amount. I asked ghostello to split the bill into item price and shipping fees and it wasn't possible.
For items with prices of 22 or 28 Euro I don't have to pay customs fees at all because customs don't care about shipping fees.. With free shipping those items would be around 40 Euro and then I have to pay 8 Euro customs tax which makes buying from Russia and Ukraine expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have custom taxes issues.
Thank you for mentioning this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Location is everything... Reply with quote

Lenny, your country is maybe the problem, and their importation levies.

Both the OP and I are in the EU member states and due to there being a very open accord between the EU and former Soviet nations, neither of us would encounter Customs duty charges on low value items, whether marked as gifts or not.

I for one recommend ghostello also, I just received a really nice Jupiter-37A from him and the whole deal was a dream!

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Location is everything... Reply with quote

DerKerusker wrote:
Lenny, your country is maybe the problem, and their importation levies.

Both the OP and I are in the EU member states and due to there being a very open accord between the EU and former Soviet nations, neither of us would encounter Customs duty charges on low value items, whether marked as gifts or not.

I for one recommend ghostello also, I just received a really nice Jupiter-37A from him and the whole deal was a dream!

Rolling Eyes

I'm in the EU either and when some sellers from countries not in the EU doesn't follow the EU law with using the correct label and add the bill outside on the parcel I will always get trouble with the customs office. Then they ask for a copy of my PayPal transaction and a copy of the ebay auction. I'm sure if the item price is over 28 Euro I have to pay customs fees, so free shipping isn't that good because the item price will be higher. Often I don't place a bid because of that. Much better for me is buying from sellers in Latvia (EU).

In addition those sellers calculate their prices according to the highest shipping fees they have to pay and shipping to EU should be cheaper than shipping to USA. So I have to pay the more expensive USA shipping fees even I'm only in the EU.